Need a reason to study online?… Here’s 10!
1. Flexibility – Learning online gives the student flexibility. The working student, urban student or the rural student saves time and money on travel. Students do not need to plan for rush hour traffic. The student can also learn anywhere via an internet connection whether it be on the beach or in bed! They can also continue studying even if they have a full time job and plan their study around it.
2. Diversity – Students learn alongside people from all over the country and even world. This diversity helps students in the class to see different point of views, broadening their experience. It teaches students to speak well and to be better prepared for differences in the workplace.
3. Deadlines – A lot of online courses, like the OBS pathways allow you to study at your own pace and complete modules in your own time. This takes the pressure off a student and they can enjoy their studies more. More information about the OBS pathways can be found here http://learn.onlinebusinessschool.com/courses/business/level-5-ict.html .
4. Technology – A Students confidence grows when he or she has better computer skills. Students master the use of many different programmes such as Word, PDF and Excel. They use the Internet for research and to learn. Proficiency using these programs makes the student marketable. These skills are also vital to learn as there is a growing trend toward online employment.
5. Support – Students in an online learning environment share the experience and critique with one another. Critique is meant to help; hence, students get more peer-guidance than in a traditional course. A lot of online learning platforms have social sites to allow students to interact and discuss problems and help each other through the course. There is also the opportunity to have top quality one to one tuition on many platforms. Learn now about the OBS forum here http://www.onlinebusinessschool.com/university-pathways/ .
6. Professional Growth – Professional students will see the value of their education at work and motivated to continue. Transfer of learning from the classroom to work life will improve the student’s understanding of the subject matter and set him or her apart among other candidates when applying for a job.
7. Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking Skills – Taking an online course will cause a student to read and respond critically and articulate well and intelligibly. They learn to follow written directions, think and reply critically. These skills are beneficial to a future employer and employees who possess them are sought out. Employees who speak well with other professionals form strong relations and respect in the work place making them stronger candidates for promotion.
8. Prioritising – Students in online learning create a balance of other daily life activities. They learn to arrange time as there are deadlines to meet. Coordinating activities and prioritising tasks are vital skills in the professional environment.
9. Discipline – Students in an online learning environment must take responsibility for their own learning. With flexi time in the workplace becoming more popular, bosses want to know that their employees can have choices, but are dependable enough to get the job done.
10. Choice – This gives the online learner freedom to decide when and where learning is right for him or her. Students have the choice to decide if they like to study in a quiet room or where the family is. Again, this builds character as the student learns his or her strengths.
Is there anything your think we should cover in more detail? or do you know something we don’t? Why not drop us an email on email@example.comThis entry was posted in News on .